BIDDING AT AUCTION
Before the auction check the Conditions of Sale and the Title.
- If the settlement date set is not suitable to you, this may be negotiable and we can discuss this with you prior to the auction.
- If you are the successful bidder, a 10% deposit is required on the day, unless alternative arrangements have been agreed to by the vendor prior to the auction (a personal cheque is acceptable).
- Decide before the day in whose name the property will be purchased and have that person in attendance (absentee bidders can be accommodated - in this case ask for advice well before the auction).
- Check that you are in a position to bid on an unconditional basis.
- Arrive at the Auction Rooms in time for the auction and register with us if you are going to be bidding. You will need to have received the New Zealand Residential Property Sale & Purchase Agreements Guide.
- Position yourself so you can clearly see and hear the Auctioneer.
- Bid positively - either by hand movement or call out your bids.
- We are always available to assist you during the auction, so ask the auctioneer or one of our consultants if you would like some help.
- Remember - when the hammer goes down, the highest bidder has purchased the property.
Metro auctions are held at Metro Realty's Auction Rooms - 311 Highgate, Roslyn at 12.30pm on Thursdays. We suggest you arrive at 12.20pm. Limited parking is available on site.